Too many notifications on Android

I think the settings are ok, but the frequency of notifications for “Receive updates on items you are following” is their issue.

To quote the user: yesterday i recieved 10 notifications in row, because you altered my visability on task, 10x in a row and Asana notified me for all of them

I remember making adjustments to the same few tasks, like adding tags, formatting titles and descriptions etc but not on 10 distinct tasks. I will definitely try and get more info though.

From my experience, people comment on my assigned task, then immediately make another comment with something they forgot. I’ll get a notification each time and it’s not necessary so close together for the same person.

I would prefer to have just 1 Android notification to let me know my attention is needed. Subsequent Asana notifications become “inbox only” until the Android notification is acknowledged, then Android notification is allowed again. In other words, notification just gets my attention. I’ll jump into the inbox for more as the notification has little info anyway.

On a side issue, I would love to see Android notifications have “Quiet Times” setting. Often I have been woken in the middle of the night by a flood of notifications. I am on call so I can’t turn the phone to silent. I’ve resulted in having to turn off the Asana sound and vibrate setting permanently as I don’t need the urgency.

Anyway, just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

3 Likes