Turn emails into tasks with Asana for Gmail

Do we have any update here? Looking to roll this out to our company but currently can not due to Admin bug. We whitelist our marketplace apps and as an Admin, I cannot add the app to our whitelist.

Thanks,
Andy

3 Likes

Hi Andy,

We’re sorry for the delay on this. The Google team is working on the issue and we hope to see it resolved very soon. Thanks!

Alexis

4 Likes

Latest update from Google
Updates since last message:

The Google Engineering is still working on a fix for issue where G Suite domain administrators are unable to install Gmail Add-ons on their accounts or for entire domain. We currently don’t have a firm ETA of deployment to production as this was delayed for issue with release of relevant feature, which should be released in 2 weeks. However this is a high-priority issue and we will provide you weekly updates on the progress.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this @James_Carl! #LoveTheUpdates

3 Likes

Sounds like you users of G-Mail are getting close to having your functioning integration:
Hello James,

Thanks for your patience.

Please read below for updates on the status of your issue:

The Google Engineering is continuing to work on enabling the Gmail Add-ons Install button for G Suite domain administrators. We expect the resolution of the issue to be available during the week of December 11th. Please keep in mind that this ETA is subject to change.

We will continue providing you with weekly updates.

8 Likes

Thanks for following up on this thread with this news @James_Carl!

I know many of our members are looking forward to this update, which is unfortunately out of our hands. Knowing that there’s a rapidly approaching update is exciting news indeed!

3 Likes

Hello James,

Thanks for your patience.

Please read below for updates on the status of your issue:

The Google Engineering is continuing to work on enabling the Gmail Add-ons Install button for G Suite domain administrators. We expect the feature to be available by the end of this week (Friday, 22nd of December).

We will provide an update once the feature is available to all users, or if ETA changes.

Looks like you g-mail users might get your Christmas present. Just think if you had your G-mail account synced with Outlook with Office 365 like some of us you would have already had this feature. Sorry, just had to say it, I lost control. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

James you’re the stink’n man!!! Thanks for keeping us all updated!

1 Like

Google Engineering has released a fix to underlying issue that was required for the Add-ons Install button to be enabled for domain administrators. Unfortunately due to holiday season being very close, the Google Engineering has made a decision to postpone the launch of Install button for domain administrators until the week of January 8th, to allow for more testing, ensuring that the release won’t cause further issues. Please keep in mind that this ETA can be subject to change.

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. We will provide next update by Friday, January 5th 2018.

4 Likes

That’s it, @James_Carl . I’m walking down the street to Google and telling those engineers to get this done by the end of the workday or else no Christmas presents for them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Google Engineering has fixed the issue with domain-wide installation of Gmail Add-ons. As a result, the “Install” button is now enabled for super administrators of the domains.

3 Likes

Fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us posted @James_Carl :slight_smile:

@James_Carl you are the best moderator!!! They need to give you a raise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And of course there’s a problem lol. Is it just me or does anyone else NOT see the side bar anywhere on there screen??? Especially when reading an email? :frowning:

Does it not work alongside other add-on’s like Gmelius?

#JustWhenIThoughtLifeWasNowPerfect
#ItsAlwaysTooGoodToBeTrue

Hi @Sam_Leahey we’ve been hearing reports of people having to refresh multiple times to see the sidebar and are looking into it! There was also a report that the Rapportive Chrome extension didn’t seem to work well with any of the add-ons.

1 Like

Yeah I refreshed it, logged out, logged back in, closed the browser, reopened it. The only thing I haven’t done is restart my computer but I’m secretly hoping that’s not necessary :frowning:

Just found this thread. I’m having the same problems as @Sam_Leahey - the Asana for Gmail addon has been installed (I’m administrator in our G-Suite).

Whilst it seems to have installed I’m not getting any sidebar icon or functionality. I do have Hubspot showing as a sidebar icon though, so, not sure if there is some kind of conflict there?!

Same Here, no sidebar. It’s finally “installed” tho lol. Ugh, this has been a long time coming. Looking forward to updates. Going to try clearing cache and blowing out my browser and see if that helps.

Hey all Google fixed this issue last week, so admins add away!

1 Like

Hi @Anthony_Pratico did the gmail add-on come up for you? I’m writing up new guide instructions and it seems like you have to sign in and out of gmail and click in and out of emails a few times. However I would love to hear your experience as it will help me craft the instructions!
thanks
Maimoona

1 Like