UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar

@Marie I have seen other post about the “three dots menu” not being displayed in the new UI :wink:

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman, feel free to flag them if you come across any, and I’ll make sure to merge them! Thanks a milion for your help!

@Bastien_Siebman do you think it is that fact that the 3 dots do not show until you hover over the Team or Project. @Marie I noticed that the name of the company you are in when you are a member pf multiple companies no longer shows outright, you have to hover over your face icon in upper right corner now to see the company. I wish the company still showed up, maybe under the face. Thanks

1 Like

I see the three dots - but that just gives me a list of (1)Edit team settings, (2)Start a Conversation, or (3)Remove me from the team. WHAT IS DON’T SEE (anymore) is the list of the different members of the team.

The member listing is under edit team settings but I am not sure that is what you are asking

The team list I can see (under EDIT TEAM SETTINGS).
BUT What I seem to have lost is the ability to see a Team Members List of Tasks… other than the first 7 members (if which I am one). MEANING I can see that member #8 (Andre) is on the team, but I can’t see what he’s working on. I used to be able to click on anyone - to see their list.

7 Likes

Yes, you’re correct @James_Carl! This is due to the recent UI changes we’ve made. I’d recommend to add this feedback to Sidebar, Header, and Team UI Update :slight_smile:

Hi @Wally_Montpetit, the fact you can’t access all team members list from the left sidebar is due to a recent UI change (How to Navigate Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide). I’ve moved your post to the #productfeedback so other community members can also add their comment. In the meantime, if you wish to access your colleagues “My Tasks”, you can do so by searching their name via the Search bar.

I didn’t think to try via searching.
That works great.
THANKS

2 Likes

I know Asana is always looking to improve and I appreciate that. However, it seems we are no longer able to quickly expand the team member list from the sidepane where we previously clicked the “+” sign to expand a list of our team. From the expanded menu, you were previously able to click a team member and go directly to the tasks they had. I don’t see a fast way of seeing all of our members and then going to their tasks.

Is there a different way to reach this now? My operations manager called me griping about how I must have “changed something” and messed up his work pane. I feel like this must have been removed or moved by Asana. I explained he could search by name or go to the settings > member directory, but he complained this is a “huge pita and ridiculous” so that’s why I’m here to ask about it. Can we leave this feature on somehow?

I didn’t see any other topics about this. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi @Jack_Ward! Sorry for the trouble here, this is part of some recent UI changes we’ve made (you can learn more about this in this handy article: How to Navigate Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide). Following this update, here is the quickest way to access your Team members list:

• In your left sidebar, click on the Team name
  • At the top of your screen, click on any of your colleagues profile pictures. s

Hope this helps!

Hi - currently, I can only see 7 team members in the side panel for my team. I’d like to see the profiles of all 11 team members on the left hand side - is there a way to expand the view? The only option to see other team members currently is find them in the search bar.

4 Likes

Hey @Darren_DeCoursey, I’ve given a workaround on this thread if you want to have a look at it! UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar - #11 by Marie.

If that’s ok, I’m just going to merge your feedback with the thread above to avoid having too many duplicates! :slight_smile:

I have been using ASANA for more than 2 years.

I’m suddenly not able to see all members on my Team to view or assign tasks, I’m currently only able to see max of 7 members as icons.

Submitted a ticket week ago and no reply. Can anyone help?

3 Likes

Yes! This! I am having the same issue with latest UI changes. I keep clicking in the wrong spot for My Tasks but am slowly re-training myself to the new location. But not being able to expand our list of team members is a huge pain. We only have 11 team members but the ones I see are the ones I use least frequently.

My current workaround is to search for the 4 teammates that I work with most frequently and pin them as “favorites” using the star icon. This works, but I would really love to see a list of all team members like before. I understand that this can be difficult with really large teams but a team of 11 should be fairly easy to display.

2 Likes

Thank you for the workaround, that definitely helps to locate team members by name.

Have you also approached ASANA regarding this issue through a support ticket? I’m sure others might be feeling the pain as well.

Thanks again.

Hi
Another topic is already opened on that subject with several posts from Asana team:
https://forum.asana.com/t/ui-navigation-change-only-7-team-members-displayed-in-the-left-sidebar/

Thanks for flagging this @Julien_RENAUD, I’ve just merged this post with https://forum.asana.com/t/ui-navigation-change-only-7-team-members-displayed-in-the-left-sidebar/ 2 :wink:

I ditto this change by Asana is a BIG pain.

As a manager of a team I would like to simply see my team members and tasks associated with them at a minimum. This change by Asana convolutes this simple need.

This change is unnecessary and a design flaw that is not considering the ease of managing teams, team members, and their tasks. Which should be fundamental to your platform.

I hope you reconsider this change or provide a user configurable dashboard to manage this in a more simplified way for manager of teams and tasks.

4 Likes

Ummm… Nope. That just brings up the Team Settings dialog. You can click on the team members until your mouse breaks & nothing happens.

Thanks to whoever posted the tip about searching for the team member’s name!! That’s a little primitive, but it does work.

Given that, why even bother putting the first 7 in the sidebar? Better question: If we can only “see” 7, how can I pick which particular 7 team members show up there?

Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere; we’re new here & still trying to learn the workflow.

Thank you.

1 Like