UI change - Project tabs/buttons in tasks pushed down

I just have a slight addition to the CSS fixes. I didn’t really like how big the Mark Complete and Completed part was, so I modified that as well. This seems to work pretty well for me. Additionally, there’s a bit of overlap with some of the icons and the due date, but it’s tolerable for me since I never use those icons. I haven’t yet tested how this all looks when a task is added to multiple projects, but for one project at a time it seems to work really well. Here’s what it looks like:

.TaskPaneAssigneeDueDateRowStructure { position: absolute; top:9px; left:90px; border-bottom: none; z-index:200; }
.SingleTaskPaneToolbarEasyCompletion { position: sticky; top: 0px; z-index: 100; background-color: #ffffff; padding-left: 15px; }
.MessageBanner { display: none; }
.SingleTaskPaneBanners.SingleTaskPane-banners { height:40px; }
.SingleTaskPane-projects--belowDescription.SingleTaskPane-projects.TaskProjects { position:absolute; top:50px; background-color: #ffffff; margin-top:0px; padding-top:10px; }
.TaskProjectToken { float:left; }
div.Button.Button--small.Button--secondary.CompletionButton, .CompletionButton.CompletionButton--isCompleted:not(.Button--disabled) { width: 50px; font-size: 0px; padding: 0; }
svg.Icon.CheckIcon.CompletionButton-checkIcon { margin-right: 0px; }
div.TaskPaneAssigneeDueDateRowStructure-dueDate { min-width: 150px; }

Also, to add to the primary part of this discussion. My team is completely against these changes. Which project a task belongs to is exceptionally important for our team, especially as we use sections of a project as workflow stages. Attachments, task link, and the task like button are completely useless. A giant mark complete button isn’t useful beyond the initial onboarding stage. There are many things that could be done to improve Asana. These latest interface changes are not among them.

11 Likes