Unicode/Icons Not working in searches

bug
bugs
unicode

#1

Hi! I believe this is a bug, but please correct me if I’m wrong -

I want to mark project milestones with a unicode character - like :diamonds: or ■. As a test, I created two tasks:
:diamonds: test
■ test

Then I went to use the search - I did a simple search for anything that had :diamonds: in it (same with ■) and I received nothing -

However, if I just type it in the search and don’t hit enter, I can see the task -

But if I hit that very same search, it doesn’t pull up.

So if I wanted to pull a report on just milestone tasks, I wouldn’t be able to. Let me know if I’m doing something wrong, I’d really like to use similar conventions as what @Kaitie suggested here for milestones, but I can’t do it if I can’t pull reports later =(

Thanks so much!


#2

Hi @Caisha! Thank you for reporting this. The unicode search issue is something our product team is aware of. Hopefully your report will allow them to move a fix to a higher place on the list! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.


#3

Thanks! Well at least I know it wasn’t me =D