Unified inbox across workspaces and organizations

Many of us use different workspaces and organizations and to figure out our day we have to hop from one to the other. My request is that the My Tasks inbox would combine the tasks from ALL or selected workspaces and organizations as an email client app would do. This way we all could figure out our day in a snap and have faster and quicker results which could lead into growing you user base.

11 Likes

I just wanted to add a reply to voice my support for this. With 3 organisations and a personal projects space it means it is impossible to plan my day effectively in asana. If I have to go outside asana to do this the whole value proposition of asana starts to fall away for me.

5 Likes

I agree this would be immensely helpful! Bouncing in and out defeats the point of such a streamlined tool. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree with the sentiments expressed here about the value of a list of personally owned tasks that crosses projects and organizations.

Perhaps there could be a drop-down in My Tasks’ view settings that shows all projects that a user is a part of with checkboxes. If projects are checked, tasks a person owns within that project will be listed under My Tasks. If unchecked, they would not be listed.

This way, if users prefer to see only their assigned tasks within a single project, that view is possible. If they would like to see a view of all their assigned tasks across all projects or organizations, this view would be possible as well.

5 Likes

Voted. Would love to have this feature.

2 Likes

+1 !!! I don’t understand why this doesn’t exist yet! Agree that the whole point of asana is to have ONE task list

1 Like

Totally agree, I was just typing a new topic when I noticed this one, so I’ll just paste what I wrote originally… :slight_smile:

If you use Asana personally next to your company, or at multiple companies, it’s quite a hassle to stay on top of your inboxes. Since it’s Asana’s mission (and they make it easy) to let people collaborate cross-company, I think it makes a lot of sense to have a “unified” inbox that rreflects all updates across your workspaces.

Curious to hear how others solve this issue, besides just switching back and forth a lot. I actually have reminder tasks for myself in my “main” workspace, to check out my other workspaces…

1 Like

Just added my vote. This would be massively useful.

1 Like

This would be a life-changing feature. With multiple workspaces, it’s important to be able to see all tasks and inbox notifications in one “main” account. The ability to select or check off which workspaces/organizations are unified would be a HUGE plus.

1 Like

Huge +1 here.

Need to deal with different workspaces and I’d love to have a unified view so I can get an overview of my day without having to switch several times.

This is an excellent idea!

yes we severely need this!

As someone who has access to projects across multiple different instances of Asana, it would be great to have all the notifications in a single inbox, rather than having a separate inbox and have to context switch.

1 Like

Hi @anon54802986, thanks for providing this feedback :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can look into! I’ll keep you in the loop if I have any updates :slight_smile:

I agree. As more companies start to use Asana I need to jump increasingly between the different organizations. One consolidated Inbox would be a great solution!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @anon54802986! I’ve gone ahead and merged this post with the main feature request to consolidate feedback: Unified inbox across workspaces and organizations

1 Like

I also want to voice my support like this as a multiple business owner!

1 Like

Asana has so many incredible features - the Home and Inbox being just a couple. But, having said that, I can’t understand why a centralize command center that allows you to see all Workspaces wasn’t a main feature from the get go is stunning to me and for me and a lot of other business owners I know is a key reason why I wouldn’t be able to switch to using Asana. For anyone who’s using Asana in a robust way and not just a product for one or two projects I don’t see how anyone could use Asana WITHOUT having multiple Workspaces.
When can we expect this as a key feature? It seems like it’s the one thing Asana is missing to really be in line with key project management software players in the industry.

1 Like

Hi @Suzanne_Aistrop

I work with Teams rather than Workspaces. This is best if you have a lot of work across several teams/divisions within your organization. There is one inbox, one search and easy access to all your work.

Hi @Suzanne_Aistrop, while this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile: