We usually don’t recommend un-merging accounts as Asana make it easy to maintain several spaces independently in one same account. As it stands there is no way to formally un-merge two accounts, so this is something you would have to do manually, but if you’re willing to give it a go you can follow these steps:
- Remove the email from your current account that you wish to separate from (https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/settings#gl-remove-email).
- Log out of your current account.
- Go to https://asana.com/ to create a new account. Be sure to create the account with the email address you just removed from your current account.
- Log in to your original account and invite your newly created account into the Workspaces/Organizations that you want to transfer it to.
- In your original account, remove yourself from the Workspaces/Organization that you have invited your New Account to join.
- Reassign any tasks from the original account to the newly created & invited account.
The end result will leave you with two separate Asana accounts. In the original account you will be a Member or Guest of any Workspaces and Organizations you didn’t “transfer.” In your new account you will be a Member or Guest of the Workspaces or Organizations you joined.
If you’re having trouble with this feel free to follow @Alexis advice, our Support Team will eb able to take a closer look at your account!