Unlink personal gmail account from corporate account

Hello Asana Community,

One question. Currently, I login asana using my personal gmail account, which I linked with my corporate email account. But, now I would like to unlink the accounts so I can log in using my personal gmail account without seeing my corporate organization tasks and projects. Is it possible?

Hi @Gustavo_Pabon! Since this includes personal account information, we’re going to recommend that you reach out to our support team at Asana Support - Help Center • Asana. They’ll be happy to help!

Hey @Gustavo_Pabon!

We usually don’t recommend un-merging accounts as Asana make it easy to maintain several spaces independently in one same account. As it stands there is no way to formally un-merge two accounts, so this is something you would have to do manually, but if you’re willing to give it a go you can follow these steps:

1. Remove the email from your current account that you wish to separate from (How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide).
  2. Log out of your current account.
  3. Go to https://asana.com/ to create a new account. Be sure to create the account with the email address you just removed from your current account.
  4. Log in to your original account and invite your newly created account into the Workspaces/Organizations that you want to transfer it to.
  5. In your original account, remove yourself from the Workspaces/Organization that you have invited your New Account to join.
  6. Reassign any tasks from the original account to the newly created & invited account.

The end result will leave you with two separate Asana accounts. In the original account you will be a Member or Guest of any Workspaces and Organizations you didn’t “transfer.” In your new account you will be a Member or Guest of the Workspaces or Organizations you joined.

If you’re having trouble with this feel free to follow @Alexis advice, our Support Team will eb able to take a closer look at your account!

1 Like