User-Specific Timeline

Love the new timeline feature for projects. It would be helpful to be able to view a combined timeline of a single user’s tasks, regardless of project. If I’m working on a handful of projects at a time it would be great to see all of them stacked up together so you have a good idea of any hotspots/overloads in your schedule.

@Lauren_Kelly Brilliant! I’d love this.

I think to piggy back off this, it would be good to see a whole team or selectable team timelines. That way you could level load if needed.

I realize that this could become onerous to deal with as the amount of vertical space required would demand a LOT of scrolling.

1 Like

Such a good idea! We have about 50 projects in our company and as CEO it would be really helpful to see everyone’s projects on the one timeline so we could more easily visualise the flow and interconnectivity of projects from a management perspective. It would also be great if I could then click on any project on the timeline to see the tasks the project comprises.

1 Like

Totally Agree. Asana is still too “single user” oriented. It lacks tools for project managers who manage multiple projects at the same time. Team planning is important as project planning. Hope this is in the roadmap.

2 Likes

It will be very helpful for planning.
And maybe viewing tasks on timeline separated by each users in a team for planning all resources.

1 Like

I agree with this request, in order to be able to review workload for users, it would be great to see their timeline on a person by person basis

I have a POSSIBLE way of accomplishing this:

1. Create a new master project.
  2. go to any project you want in there
    2a. select the tasks you want in there
    2b. add master project as another project that the tasks belong to (press the + button by the project name in grouped task description pane)
  3. Create timeline from master project.
    3a. set view by asignee to see everyones work on one timeline.

Caveats:

• You can only add tasks 50 at a time
  • Timeline supports swim lanes by section, not by project. (however, default view colors tasks by project).
  • Maintenance may be difficult as you would need to add this project to each new task. If this is something you want to see daily, it would be hard, if you only need to see it bi-weekly or monthly it may be more manageable.
  • If the new master project is private to you, the project name won’t appear inline for anyone the project is not shared with, which keeps it cleaner for everyone.