Using Asana for being ontop of projects in two separate organisations

Hi, newbie here.

Quick question: I do work for two (unrelated) organisations. Is there, by any chance, a way I could have one single Asana account (=“dashboard”) and work in projects of both organisations at the same time? That’d certainly save me to have to have two separate accounts, with all the inconveniences that carries.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi Enric,

At this time it is not possible to have one single Asana account with projects from multiple organizations. You may be interested in contributing to this product feedback thread on the topic: Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

Thanks,
Alexis

4 Likes

Hi @Enric_M, and welcome to the community! As @Alexis mentioned, you can’t have a “Dashboard” showing your tasks for both Organizations in one single place, however, if you haven’t yet, you can merge your accounts (Managing your account settings | Product guide • Asana Product Guide), this way you will be able to easily toggle between your two Organizations! :slight_smile:

Hey there!

Both @Alexis & @Marie are absolutely correct. There is no way to view all Tasks in a single dashboard from within the product.

There is, however an integration made by a third party that comes close to what you’re looking for. Perhaps the Taco integration could help (though I’d also recommend merging your accounts per Marie’s suggestion as well)!

The link to the Taco integration is below:

Let us know if it suits your needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

HUGE need for this. Lack of GOD view creates such a nightmare for quickly managing your day /workflow.

With the increasing frequency of people working freelance… or just for consulting firms across clients (who may have there own asana instance)… and hey we have a personal life to manage … this not existing is a SMH head thing. But then look like slack… must be nice to live in a world where I guess most users are? things all neat and tidy in one clear flow…

7 Likes

This does not work because Taco is only recognizing one of my Asana accounts.
oooh how i regret switching to Asana.

Here’s a workaround that I am going to try, though it’s a bit awkward. I am going to keep my view on my personal workplace and make it my central one. I set up my other organizations so that I get e-mail notifications for each new activity associated with me. I will set up my e-mail to automatically forward these notifications to my personal Asana workspace. Let’s see if this works. Wish me luck.
Taco did not seem to be a good solution. If this doesn’t work then I am going to try Zapier integrations-- though integrations are something I have been trying to avoid. I was also trying to avoid a project management app where my task list does not combine. DO YOU SEE THIS, ASANA???
I don’t understand why a combined task list is not a basic feature.