Using Asana with Gazelles Strategic planning framework?

@Kristian_Sekse

Hello Kristian,

The company I worked for before I retired used the Gazelle System in the last two years I was there. As I have used both systems I can make some pretty good observations. As Gazelles publishes there key form online Gazelles.pdf (2.4 MB)
free to the world I attached it so their is a better perspective. Asana offers you an opportunity to be much more powerful in the execution of specific tasks necessary to accomplish KPI’s or OKR sometimes used interchangeably. Rhythm Systems Learn is very similar in some content to Gazelles. In the end I think the key integration is going to be in delineating your KPI’s and the executable tasks to achieve. This kind of goes along with two frequent statements.

“Vision without execution is hallucination” - Thomas A. Edison

"only a small percentage of people have specific, well-defined goals. And people who most frequently reach their goals are those who write them down and develop the plans to reach them”.

There are a number of posts on KPI’s and OKR’s on this blog and how they are set up but I think one of the better resources is available through one of our Asana Champions @Todd_Cavanaugh at www.projectmanagementpros.com. He has a specific portion of his course that I think has great similarities to what you try to accomplish in Gazelles.

We have two other full time Asana Consultants that frequent this board also, @Sebastian_Paasch and @paulminors. Sebastian has a tremendous post on the board Deleted

And back to @Todd_Cavanaugh course I have attached an extract of his course material menu.

. As his course is Asana A-Z I think it would be a valuable resource in transitioning your team to use Gazelle principles with a Asana software thus allowing you to eventually not have to use Gazelles. With the integration to 4 of the storage services, ie Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and OneDrive, Asana will give you great flexibility to have collaborative reports required by Gazelles. Use of Asana’s custom fields will provide you additional resources to re-work Asana to be used a the Gazelles tool. Hope this helps

3 Likes