Video Capture Software With Voice Recording For Asana Training

Any recommendations for Video Capture Software with Voice that I would like to look into for some Asana Training with companies.

Thanks

Hi @James_Carl! While I don’t have anything in particular to recommend, I do trust the opinion of CNET and they provide a helpful recommendation for Macs here: Record your Mac screen the easy way. Here's how to do it - CNET. They recommend using Quicktime with a free piece of software called Soundflower.

Similarly, PC Advisor offers advice for PC users in this article:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-record-your-screen-for-free-in-windows-3406578/. They recommend CamStudio, which I have heard good things about. I hope this helps!

For my videos, I just use Quicktime on the Mac. But I believe you’re on a PC @James_Carl?

Correct

For my Asana Training Masterclass course, I used Screenflow (Mac only). For PC, I recommend Camtasia.

I am in Trial on Camtasia. Thanks

Camtasia is my fav for PC

1 Like

If you have MS Office, perhaps this will work for you:

I am not completely sure if it can record both screen and audio at the same time.

1 Like

Techsmith, the makers of Camtasia, also have a couple of other products that are more lightweight that can still do serviceable recording and narration. Snag-It is the one I’ve used the most and it gets the job done for me.

If you’re a MS Office user you could also look into Office Mix. Its a powerpoint plugin that offers quite a lot of interesting features for screen recording, narration, and sharing.

2 Likes

I have used Camtasia to record videos. It must be admitted that it is indeed a professional video recording tool. But recently, I was using another excellent video recording tool - Joyoshare Screen Recorder. You can use it, and it will meet your requirements very well.:smiley:

I don’t know if you have heard of TunesKit AceMovi, I have to admit that this video maker is a very good screen recording software. At least it seems to me right now

Take a look at Vimeo. There is the ability to create screen recordings that can be downloaded or the link shared.

They’ve just added the video capture feature within Asana. Has anyone used it yet? I’ve played with it once. Not sure if it’ll be the best thing for communicating with our designers or not yet.

1 Like