View "My Tasks" by Due Date (permanently)

Please help - This is sort of related… We are wanting to “UNSET” that “Save View For Everyone”… We originally wanted it sorted a certain way for everyone and now we want them to be able to choose their own default. Is there any way to “unset” that option?

1 Like

We just discovered the “save view for everyone” setting (Love!) but it doesn’t seem to be working. My colleague sorted her tasks out with lots of beautiful extra section headings that divide different types of work, as well as sorts by due date. However, when I look at it, the settings are lost. Is the save view function broken right now? Or does it not save custom section headings?

1 Like

Great question, @Dana_Mitchell. Is there a chance that your colleague hasn’t made her custom sections public? By default, tasks and projects created in My Tasks are private (screenshot below), so if you want to add custom sections to help sort that are visible to others as well, she’ll need to click the “Make Public” link.

Let us know if this works.

2 Likes

Yep, that worked! Thank you, Katie!

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tasks in Board appearing by due date

2 posts were split to a new topic: Android Tasks by Due Date bug

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug: Task lists revert to default view when switching between organization and workspace

The Save View for “Everyone” language is really confusing when you are in the “My Tasks” section. Everyone makes it sound like you are going to change your co-workers My Tasks view as well. It makes sense in the project views, but the language should change when you are in My Tasks.

Horrible design. This question wouldn’t have been asked if it was better. I had the same issue.

1 Like

Is this Save View option still available? I can’t find it.

I also can’t find this option!! Really need it.

@Dagar_Groblad, This changed recently but it’s always been available in the My Tasks Action menu, and now it’s also available here:

Larry

2 Likes

It’s not the most obvious wording, if nobody else has mentioned that yet. Where is layout used to describe sort order? Are there other platforms using this verbage that I’m missing out on?

Highly agree

I’m pretty sure i’ve seen this here, but I cannot see it any more. This it move again?

and it’s not here either

@Annelie, As of around October, My Tasks automatically saves your layout as mentioned in this post: Asana Release Notes October 2019

Larry

1 Like

Not sure I get this " Auto-saved view in My Tasks : My Tasks will now automatically save your sort, filter, and view preferences."

It save’s my last sort or? and is that in browser or account? and is that for both me and if I’m viewing a colleagues?

@Annelie, I know it saves across browsers for you. I’m not sure about the rest of your questions.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Is this function still available?

Sorting by date does not persist if I leave the My Tasks view (no autosave). Additionally, I don’t see an action menu (three dots or other icon) that provides the options users have pointed out in previous years. (I have a Customize button, but that only allows showing/hiding fields). Thank you for any updates!
2021-05-27 07_18_27-● My Tasks - Asana

3 Likes