Viewing attachments

Is there a way to view attachments without having to download them first?
I hope there is a way to view attachments like with email where you simply click on the attachment and it opens to view.

6 Likes

We are one with you on this! Asana has so many things to improve on when it comes to attachments.

2 Likes

We hear you on this. One starter solution: To view image attachments without downloading them just click on the magnifying glass icon in the corner of the image thumbnail.

Thank you Alexis,
I don’t see a magnifying glass, just a “hand”, if I click the hand the
attachment (document or image) wants to download

Kind regards

Stephen Moolenschot

I don’t see a magnifying glass either :frowning:

I dont see one either.

Hey there! It looks like the magnifying glass / thumbnail functionality has been deprecated.

Now the intended functionality for viewing images is: the image appears in the history list on a task, and then if you’d like to view the image specifically you’ll see the image appear in a new tab.

Hi - I have tested this and all I can do is download the image - it doesn’t seem to open in a new window to view - maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I think I have found a work-around… but if so, the file has to be in the cloud. Then save the link to it attached to a task, and when you click on it your browser will Do the Needful, as we like to say. Surely there’s an easier way, but for now (and since in our case, everything is in the cloud, anyway!)…

Any updates on this?? Just curious.

1 Like

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Kelli_Porcaro!

Have a look here: Ability to zoom in on attached images - #47 by Rebecca_McGrath