Viewing my team's workloads

As a supervisor on my team I want to be able to assign tasks to my team and also I want to be able to search and see my individual team member’s workloads so that I don’t over-assign tasks to them.
Is there a way I can search by individual team member to see their workloads?

Hi
Have you tried with reports?

You can create a report so that in a click you filter the tasks assigned to each of your team members. You can create several reports and even filter the tasks that where assigned only by you.
Report is a Premium feature.

And by the way, one useful tips: if you click on their profile picture then you can see their public MyTasks.

I saw the standard reports are:

• Tasks I’ve Created
  • Tasks I’ve Assigned to Others
  • Recently Completed Tasks

Is it possible to see more reports?

Yes but you need to be Premium, here is a link to the Asana Guide explaning how Advanced Search works and how to customize reports:

2 Likes

If you search for your team members, you can also add them to your favorites:

Then they’re just in your favorites:

3 Likes

Good one! I didn’t know you could do that.

1 Like

The challenge is when having more than 50 tasks assigned to a team of people, it would be great to automatically calculate how many hours are on a team members plate on any given day or alert when you go over the hours.

We would love to be able to click on a user and see XXX number of hours allocated to this person and then drill down further.

1 Like

You may check for Everhour, which is very easy to integrate with Asana and have this specific feature: https://support.everhour.com/knowledge-base/schedule/

Is there a way I can view ALL tasks that are assigned to a particular user? For example, I just want to quickly and easily see what Tasks are assigned to Mary - and what’s assigned to John.

How do I do this?

Hi @RyanS, Asana’s Advanced Search can do exactly this!

More info here:

2 Likes

Hi @RyanS :wave:t3:

We have an existing thread on this topic so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. Have a look at the responses above and let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi folks,

Closing this thread as we now have a Workload feature available :slight_smile: More info in this article!