What size of a team/how many employees are you directly managing with Asana?

Hi,
In the past, I used Asana to manage and delegate tasks to a team of 6-8 employees, under a single workspace.

I’m wondering what’s the use case for others:

1. How many people are you able to easily manage with Asana?
  2. Are all of these members of a single workspace?
  3. how do you use workspaces in general? do you switch between them frequently?

Thanks,
Eyal

Hi Eyal! Good question. Here at Asana, we use the Asana app for everything so I’m happy to provide my two cents here. To answer your questions:

1. Management at Asana and in the Asana app happens in somewhat nested groups based on team size. Here is an example of nested teams (with Customer Operations as the broadest):

*Customer Operations ~30 people

• –> Customer Success ~15 people
  • ------> Scaled Success ~4 people

2.We all use the same workspace. However, we find teams in Asana to be super powerful. So, we have a team in Asana for Customer Operations and another for Customer Success. Determining which groups to call a team mainly depends on how we structure our work and who needs to be grouped together for conversations, collaborations, etc.
3. As mentioned above, we don’t switch between workspaces. Instead, we leverage teams, conversations, and projects.

Thanks @Alexis! very helpful indeed :slight_smile:

Hi @Eyal_Ronel just to chip in here - I agree with @Alexis. It sounds like you need to upgrade your workspace to an organisation (which uses an @company.com email address) so you can take advantage of teams. That way you don’t have to switch between workspaces. You’d then be able to plan projects for different users in each of the teams. you can, of course, set the privacy settings of teams so that users can’t add themselves to other teams if you don’t want.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. If you’re interested in improving your use of Asana further or want to discuss team training, please feel free to book a free 30-minute introductory call with me to discuss consulting options.

I have no need in upgrading, Thanks.
I was just wondering how much use there is for workspaces, or cross-workspace use for individual team members rather.