Desktop Asana app

In an environment where we have Slack, Evernote, Text editors, Calendar, Mail app, all of these are native apps, out of these, the only one you need all day thatā€™s still not an app is Asana. You can Cmd+Tab and be very fast in moving between apps, except when it comes to Asana, which is the most important app for me during the day.

Even a notification panel plugin would help a lot. Two fingers swipe and you know your next task or add a new task, but going to a browser tab every single time takes you out of your focus cycle and makes Asana less appealing as a product.

5 Likes

i really prefer a native app as wellā€¦
donā€™t like those web interfaces - even not those on ios.
the problem is that you always need an internet connection for running and using.
but as an architect i am standing in concrete cellars on construction sites infront of big problems and lots of issues i wanna notice immediately without any connection to the it world. . )
and the app is completely useless.
even on my macbook i wanna use an app wich has saved all things local and syncs when a connection is established. unless this isnā€™t solved, asana is not professional enough for my work in real analog life, though it is the best organising app iā€™ve ever usedā€¦

meanwhile i need a different to do app wich i am synching with asana. this is hopefully not the intention of the asana teamā€¦

3 Likes

The asana mobile app does work offline (to some extent). That might be your
ā€˜basementā€™ solution. But I agree with you about the web interfaces!!

(and also for android too ā€“ Getting Started with the Asana Android App | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide)

I really think a native app for Mac is necessary. Actually I find it very odd that a company like Asana with the tons of users they have hasnā€™t already developed one. Working on an online/webpage is actually uncomfortable not to mention the user experience because of the responsiveness. Features like offline access / work are so important for anyone who seriously uses this app.

Please develop a native app for mac.

5 Likes

agreed. this is big issue for those of us who travel and are frequently locked out of Asana due to poor/no connectivity. I vastly prefer Asana, but have been wrestling with other options that can solve this for me.

3 Likes

nativefier --name ā€œAsanaā€ "https://app.asana.com/ --inject ./custom.js --inject ./custom.css --disable-context-menu

1 Like

would love to see a native mac/win app as well. The performance on my mac is very bad, especially when arranging cards in the board view. Also using a browser and itā€™s awkward TAB based shortcuts is very counter-productive.

1 Like

Hello everyone. Native Asana Mac APP is a must. Today I use Wunderlist for simple to dos, works perfect, online, offline, iOS, etc. I had recently worked with my key customer on a key project in his basement office, no internet/wifi/gsm, in addition company is in personal data management sector so security is highest priority. Our project involves 70 people, hundreds of to dos. I had to put all on papers and spend hours on re-writing this all to asana. Useless.
Will move possibly quickly to Trello or others who have native Mac app working also offline (as everything in this world of projects to dos, etc)
Asana Team - do it ASAP or I will stop paying you $thousands a year

2 Likes

Agree with everyone here. We have 45 users on Asana and are seriously thinking about switching to another Project Management system with a native app. The whole web app with notifications through email is just way to clunky. We did integrate Asana with Slack to try that for a notification system (we are Slack users as well) but its too clumsy to manage the Asana / Slack integration and we end up clogging our Slack notifications just like we clog email with notifications. In the end the right solution is a native app where I can better control the notifications. With all the money Asana has raised, one would think they could have a native app, better notification solutions and a better solution for feed management. Disappointed and thinking of other systems for the new year.

5 Likes

Hi!

Why is no one from the management responding to this message.
I actually donā€™t get it.

#pleaserespond!

Asana does not give any timeframe for new features and @Alexis already responded in September :wink:

3 Likes

I disagree. This and Fluid are just window wrappers. Theyā€™re not native apps. A native app, for instance, would be integrated with the OS and provide native support for notifications for instance. Or offline support. These window wrappers do neither of that.

See also this wish for native notifications:

5 Likes

Agreed, Please write a native Mac/Windows App.

2 Likes

Please a native Mac/Windows app!

2 Likes

Agreed, please a native Mac/Windows app! Especially offline access is a must to ensure it works (wifi can be spotty, and I like to work on transit)

1 Like

Make sure to all upvote at the top of the post, that is what is being looked at first by Asana I believe!

4 Likes

Dear Michael, I feel also extremely outraged by this kind of behavior. Actually, I got tired of it, and am looking for a different software, where we could find a little more respect for their customer base.

2 Likes

+1 and voted above for the same reasons already stated.

3 Likes

+1 I would pay for this.

4 Likes

Agreed. I need a Mac app. I love Asana, but sometimes I have no Internet available on my Mac and I have to reboot. Then I lose everything. I donā€™t want to move away from Asana, but Iā€™m now considering alternatives, just because of this.

5 Likes