Desktop Asana app

I disagree. This and Fluid are just window wrappers. They’re not native apps. A native app, for instance, would be integrated with the OS and provide native support for notifications for instance. Or offline support. These window wrappers do neither of that.

See also this wish for native notifications:

5 Likes

Agreed, Please write a native Mac/Windows App.

2 Likes

Please a native Mac/Windows app!

2 Likes

Agreed, please a native Mac/Windows app! Especially offline access is a must to ensure it works (wifi can be spotty, and I like to work on transit)

1 Like

Make sure to all upvote at the top of the post, that is what is being looked at first by Asana I believe!

4 Likes

Dear Michael, I feel also extremely outraged by this kind of behavior. Actually, I got tired of it, and am looking for a different software, where we could find a little more respect for their customer base.

2 Likes

+1 and voted above for the same reasons already stated.

3 Likes

+1 I would pay for this.

4 Likes

Agreed. I need a Mac app. I love Asana, but sometimes I have no Internet available on my Mac and I have to reboot. Then I lose everything. I don’t want to move away from Asana, but I’m now considering alternatives, just because of this.

5 Likes

Native app is necessary for desktops.
I heard that, Mac OS will also support IOS apps with new version. This might help us to use Asana app on Mac if Asana doesn’t do anything for native app. But it won’t solve the Windows users problem.

4 Likes

I find it adds a layer of difficulty to have Asana isolated in a browser. It would be very helpful and encourage productivity and organization if Asana developed a desktop app (mac for me please) that I could use without needing to use another software (Safari, Chrome, etc.) to access it.

4 Likes

I also want to put in a vote for an app that I can use offline and then have it sync when it gets a connection. I would be willing to pay for the app if I knew it worked. The AppSana reviews are so poor that I haven’t been willing to pay for them. I’m hoping Asana will build one. Is there any intent to do so in the near term?

4 Likes

I also vote for a native asana mac app… Urgent! Thanks!

3 Likes

Native Mac app (and Windows also) is a must.
Working on projects often requires offline access (trains, planes, etc)
Having all the time browser open is rubbish, specially that Chrome/Explorer are not the best for privacy
@Asana Team - you just announced a great cash injection so invest what Trello and others already done

5 Likes

Why is it the only thing you miss?

Please remember to upvote at the top of the page if you interested. I had forgotten to myself. And as Bastien points out this is what Asana look at first.

Also check out this and upvote if you’re interested too:

20 Likes

Plz make native mac app!

11 Likes

I agree! I need to be able to work in airports and remotely where there’s no wifi.

9 Likes

As a heads up, while many can use Fluid or nativefier to fake a desktop app, some of us work in organizations with tight controls around what we can install or do on our devices.

A native app, vettable by IT security departments, is a MUST. My team is using the free version of Asana, and we’ve considered becoming paying customers in order to get the Timeline feature - but the lack of native app is a real barrier to us fully adopting this platform.

8 Likes

+1 for this.