Allow to create project from Templates on Mobile

I’m trying to pull up templates on the mobile app and don’t seem to be able to. Is there a way? If not, is this in the works?

Thanks!

7 Likes

Hi @Joseph_Simons - I’ve added your request to the product feedback category. Feel free to add any context if you’d like to encourage other users to vote on this feature.

1 Like

I’ve created a few templates and it would be nice to create a new project from one of those templates on the mobile app

4 Likes

Hi @sneakyaneurysm and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a #productfeedback thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread to consolidate feedback on this topic! Hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

hello, i would like to be able to create a project from template using the IOS app on iphone and ipad

Hi,

There is already a request for this Allow to create project from Templates on Mobile

Thanks for your feedback @anon73953404! As Bastien mentioned, we already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback! We’ll update the main thread as soon as we have any news!

Has any progress been made on this yet? I feel this is a really important feature to move forward on.

4 Likes

Is there a way to make a new project from a template from the iPhone app. It looks like I can only build one task by task?

Hi @sales, thanks for reaching out! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to convert a project from a template from the iOS app. We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main request to consolidate feedback. You can also add your vote to support this feature request! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Surprising and disappointing to discover it’s still not possible to create a new project from a template on the iPad or iPhone versions of Asana. Do you have an ETA on when this will be available?

4 Likes

It seems like the request for this has been ongoing for at least 5 years.

For my workplace Templates are how we create ALL our projects so it’s impossible for me to start a new project unless I’m sitting at my desk.

We are on a paid Asana account yet can’t use what is really one of the most important features of Asana.

4 Likes

Oh and please when it is finally done, do it for Android as well as iOS…

1 Like

This has been a relatively simple request that’s been ignored for YEARS!! How hard is it to add an option on the new task button on a mobile app that includes “from template”??

4 Likes

Currently comparing Monday vs Asana for our growing business. As with many modern businesses, we are increasingly “mobile” (iPads and iPhones) and these days the idea that a mobile app is in any way less functional than the desktop/web version is just silly and archaic. There are a lot of things I like about asana but compared to Monday the mobile app is extremely lacking, and the fact that this thread has been ongoing for nearly 5 years is very telling. Looks like Monday wins

3 Likes

It would be great to be able to also add a template to a new project when working in the mobile app, without having to move to my desktop. This will inprove productivity while being on the go.

1 Like

Hey @anon27000378 and welcome to the Asana Community Forum.

I recommend to update on this existing thread: Allow to create project from Templates on Mobile

Thank you!

Would be great to have the ability to create new tasks based on a project’s template(s) while using the mobile app. Every task we create in a project is based on finely-tuned and iterated templates.

1 Like

Hi @anon8055954, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

While it’s not currently possible to create tasks from templates on mobile, hopefully this is something our Product team can introduce in the near future :crossed_fingers:t2: I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes