Why can't I add a tag to my task?

Hi @Marie - just as an update, I’m still having this issue too. Look forward to when you have a solution.

Thanks @Brad_Doff, just to confirm, is the task you can’t add tags to associated with a project?

no it appears I can’t seem to add a tag to any task ( I don’t actually use multiple projects).

Can you use something like Screencastifier for example to share a screencast of what happens? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! I am experiencing the same issue but not only with tags but also with projects! I can’t create them. And looks like a bug. Is it known when this is going to be fixed? Many thanks in advance!

Hi i’m experiencing the same issue, can’t create tag
Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @Ricko_Susanto, are the tasks you’re trying to add tag to associated with a project?

Also, are you able to reproduce the issue with another browser?

Hi Marie, thanks for responding.
I tried to add a tag to a task.
Yes i did, i reproduced same issue on Firefox 62.0 (64-bit)

1 Like

Thanks @Ricko_Susanto can you just confirm if the task in question is associated to a project? You can check that just below the task’s description (See screenshot below)

The task is not associated with any project, just checked and once i associated the task to any project the “add tag” appeared, thanks Marie.

Just my 2 cents but IMO is it necessary to tag a task to any project first before using the tagging feature ? even more this is my private to do list, why do i need to have a team ?

I’m getting this same issue too, in Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).

My tasks are all private and not associated to a project.

Thanks for the report @Justin_Tennant! One last question: are you having the same problem when trying to add tags via the “Tab+P” shortcut and from the “…” menu > Tags?

cc @Ricko_Susanto, @Benjamin_Golze and @Brad_Doff

Yes, that’s correct.

Same problem. Chrome on PIxelbook. Version 69.0.3497.120. It appears the entire “tag” section is simply missing.

HI @Justin7 is there any chance you could send me a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks @Justin7; could you send me a screenshot of what you see in the 3 dots menu? At the very top, do you have the “Add Tag” function?

No Marie, sadly, I can’t find any kind of “add tag” function anywhere. And definitely not where it should be based on screenshots I have seen.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply @Justin7! From what I see you have created this test task in your Personal Project; unfortunately Tags and Custom Fields aren’t available in Personal Project, which explains why you can’t access them on this task!

If you’re interested in learning more about Personal Projects vs Workspaces, you can have a look at this handy post!

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

1 Like

Ah, thank you Marie

1 Like