Why do I have limited function compared to other 'free' users

Hello,

I’ve just signed up to Asana on recommendation from a colleague but I seem to have very limited function. Can’t view as board or create new projects.

The colleague does not use the premium version so I expected my function to match his

You were invited inside a Team of the organization?

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

I used my work email which joined me onto an organisation. He is using his personal email address which would sit outside of the organisation. This is causing my problem I assume?

So you joined an organization. Are you part of any Team? Can you share a screenshot of your screen please?

Not currently part of any teams, just the organisation apparently.

If you want to create a project you need to join an existing Team or create one :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_Smith-La! @Bastien_Siebman is right, the first step here to get you started would be to either join an existing team in your Organisation (How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) or to create your own one (How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide).

I would also recommend taking a look at this section of our guide: How to Use Asana Tutorial for New Users | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps! Let us know if you’re still running into trouble! :slight_smile:

1 Like