Wufoo Form Response ID# as Asana Task Number?

I’m inquiring as to whether there is any way to pull the Wufoo Form response ID (automatically assigned by Wufoo every time someone fills out a particular form) and assign that dynamically to the Asana task created by the integrated form. Is this possible? And if so, how would I go about doing that?

If it is not possible, would it be possible to create an Unique ID field that dynamically updates on each form submission and assign that field to the Asana Task number?

Hi @Rynne,

I’m not sure of the answer to this question, but I’ve reached out to a colleague who may be able to help. Hopefully we’ll have an answer to you soon.

Thanks,
Alexis

Thanks Alexis! If I could get some clear guidance on this (if it is indeed possible) step by step that would be tremendously helpful.

Hey @Rynne

Thanks for your patience w/us on this. At the moment, there is no way to do this from the integration alone, however you can try & figure out something on your own using the Wufoo and Asana APIs.

I do want to clarify one more point, are you referring to “asana task number” as your Asana task ID? If so, then this is set automatically and can not be customized.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi Michael,

What I’m wanting to do is cause the auto-assignment of an ID number by Wufoo to a form entry to populate a custom field “Request Number” that is set up in Asana for our team.

Tried a few things, but getting no “love”.

thanks,
Rynne

1 Like