Asana isn't recognizing links from Airmail

I am using Airmail which has a “send to Asana” feature to create a task from an email. Asana isn’t recognizing the Airmail links (which show up in the task and provide a link back to the original email). The Airmail team says to contact the Dev. team because I need to enable a link detector on my account. This is pretty foreign to me. Can anyone help?

1 Like

Ah, I think I understand. There’s a thing where links can be given a custom scheme - i.e. instead of http:// (like a URL), you can register airmail:// links which iOS can then know should open Airmail when clicked. I can see how this might not work out of the box; I’ll forward this on to our iOS team as a feature request.

Thanks!

Hi Patrice,

how did you manage to get the Airmail Link in the task description? When I send Mails from Airmail to Asana, I do not see any link back to the original email - which would be crucial to have.

Best
Martin

1 Like

Matt—is there an update on how to enable Asana on the web or iOS to recognize app links? I’m also wondering about Bear links, which start bear://

(Of course, none of this would be an issue if Asana ever implemented Markdown…)

2 Likes

I have the same problem with google drive URLs. If you watch what ios asana app does to the URL when you put it in, it ignores the the appname:// . If my team member attaches the file manually, not using the URL, it works. But if they put the URL in (its quicker) what I have to do is let the app open the page in safari, then edit the url by putting googledrive:// in front of it and then safari opens the right doc in google drive. If Asana wouldn’t ignore the appname:// we’d be able to link emails etc…

1 Like