Checklist in task cards

Anyone know how to make a checklist in a task? They have this function in Trello.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5sYXB0b3BtYWcuY29tL2ltYWdlcy93cC9wdXJjaC1hcGkvaW5jb250ZW50LzIwMTcvMDEvaGVyb18zMDQ0NDUxNDg0Mzc1MDkzLnBuZw%3D%3D

12 Likes

Hi @Egil_Arntzen

The best way I can think of doing it is to use subtasks. You won’t get the % completed, but aside from that it’ll look and function the same way.

6 Likes

No! Subtasks is not the solutuion! In one task can be 20-30 checkboxes, if you use sub-tacks then this spoils the overall picture of the status of the project.

8 Likes

@timgaisin Not sure if I get your point…? You mean the subtasks take to much space in the project?

I mean that the subtask has a significant weight in comparison with the checklist.
If I put the project to the dashboard, the statistics for the completed and unsuccessful tasks will be incorrect.

If it were added to the asanas the possibility of forming checklists inside the task would be convenient.

4 Likes

It would be so great if Asana could add a real checklist feature to use in projects. A lot of times my team will have simple to-do list items that don’t justify creating new subtasks. Having a simple checklist that I can view within a larger project is thus pretty critical.

Trello definitely has something similar to this which works well. My team is also looking at ClickUp, which will let you create checklists directly in tasks and template them for later use.

Please let us know if we can expect a checklist feature in Asana soon :slight_smile:

39 Likes

+1 for checklists please Asana team :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Trello checklists has a big advantage over Asana, any plans on adding checklists to Asana ?

6 Likes

Yes, we need a checklist too.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that you’d consider Trello’s checklist to be a big advantage over Asana’s subtasks, which in my mind work in pretty much the same way. Just out of interest, why do you consider the checklist to be so much better?

1 Like

For me the reason why I like trello checklists better is because I can see the status of the checklists on the parent card. With Asana there is no indication (that I have found) that the card even has subtasks in the board view. Trello nailed it with their 3/10 done on the card.

11 Likes

Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I agree, and I’ve seen a number of Community threads requesting subtask counters. I hope that feature is on the Asana roadmap.

3 Likes

Add another person to the checklists in Asana list. I would love to see that feature.

2 Likes

Checklist ++

2 Likes

I would love if Asana had the checklist feature as well!

1 Like

I agree! I think I’ll have to go back to Trello if there’s no checklists in Asana. Doing them all as subtasks is more time consuming too. The checklist feature in Trello is sooo quick and easy!

3 Likes

I second this. There are times when the items to be done don’t justify the creation of a subtask. In many cases this would end up conceptually fragmenting a list that should be kept together. The closest way I can mimic this currently is to create the subtasks and then have a list of links to the subtasks.

+1 on checklists please! Not in 4 years. Now! I could program it in 1 night. Let’s get on it!

2 Likes

+1 on this. This is a huge one for me. Specifically, it’s the inability to template checklists and copy them between task cards. Recently the section: functionality changed so copy/pasting ruins formatting making it so laborious that it’s not even worth the time. This Trello feature is exactly what I need. If there is away to achieve it in Asana, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Another vote for checklist here. Come on guys, this is SUCH a basic feature! Why is it still not available yet!??!

1 Like