Client database for Asana?

HI! Have you found a workaround for this yet? I’m trying to creating a company database linked to Asana and keep hitting road blocks.

Does this link to your Asana? Can you please share a screen shot of your database (with sample info of course). Thank you!

You can multi-home contact tasks into projects in a specific sections.

Do you have specific roadblocks?

@Bastien_Siebman Thanks for the reply. I’m curious: it seems adding some sort of simple contact/company database would be a fairly simple feature for Asana. So simple it makes me wonder why they seem to have strategically chosen not to. I realize Asana probably has some well thought out reasons why this shouldn’t be on the roadmap. Just curious what those might be.

1 Like

My personal take on this: they already have by allowing people to use tasks for anything in a very generic way. In our Asana, which is used as a CRM, companies and contacts are both represented as tasks. It would make no sense for Asana to create a new type of entity, when they have and always had only tasks (and milestones and approvals).

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman In the “crm” you created via asana tasks- are you able to dial and email from the listed contact information? Additionally, are you comfortable sharing a sample screen shot of how you’ve set yours up?

@Ayalah we don’t call from a click in the CRM. But we are now able to send emails thanks to an app we created that is natively integrated into Asana.

The CRM is made of many projects, a single screenshot is not enough, but we plan on promoting it soon. Couple of screenshots below from our demo space:

2 Likes

I followed Bastien’s logic and created a “project” named CONTACT MANAGEMENT where each contact is entered as a task. The big hole is the lack of integration with G-mail. I’d like every email touch and response to be captured in the Contact record – like a CRM would do. I’m looking at other tools to facilitate this but I DO NOT WANT another tool / database to manage when I think I should be able to do this in Asana.

I’d be interested in seeing what your email integration looks like.

Meanwhile - keeping the kluged CRM in Asana functioning like a CRM is administratively intensive.

Please keep us posted with your progress. The inability to touch call or touch email is more important to me than tracking the notes, although tracking the correspondence would certainly be a plus.

1 Like