Coffee talk: what's your favorite winter Olympics sport and why?

coffeetalk

It’s winter Olympics season, people! Let’s discuss…

What’s your favorite thing to watch during the winter Olympics and why? Do you have any favorite athletes? Any drama we should know about? :wink: Better yet, is anyone using Asana to track the Olympics this year? Now that would be a use case.

As for me, I’m loving the figure skating this year. These people are superhuman - I’m amazed at their remarkable balance of grace and strength. My favorite as of yesterday: figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu

And, I can’t create this post without mentioning America’s sweetheart, snowboarder Chloe Kim

Hi @Alexis.
On my side I like watching biathlon. The physical effort is huge and you still have to find the ability to focus and be precise when shooting. Endurance, management of his race, concentration … a beautiful association. And of course I support our french Martin Fourcade! Boardercross is fun also to watch :slight_smile:

I had never paid much attention to it, but the other night curling was on and it was so interesting to watch. It’s like a x-large size shuffleboard with brooms. If you haven’t watched, I highly recommend it!

I always like the luge, the skeleton or the ski jumping, just for the sheer terror of it. I don’t know how anyone ever gets over their fear in those situations! I’ve enjoyed the snowboarding, especially the half pipe. I also caught some of the ice dancing, which was mesmerising. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir’s gold-winning performance was incredible. It’s not the kind of thing I’d usually watch but they just looked flawless.

Hah! Made me laugh out loud @Mark_Hudson!