Confused by "Public to Workspace" settings

Hi,

I’m really confused by the “Public to Workspace” setting when creating a new project. When i create a new Project “PP1” in my Workspace “WS1” - with “Public to WS1” setting - I assume that this is accessible to all members of the workspace.

However, that doesn’t seem to be the case - only members added to PP1 have access to it. Other members can’t find this project without being added even though they are part of WS1.

It says that I need to “Upgrade” to get this project wise privacy feature - but as I can see - the project is already “private” unless someone a member permission.

Hi @Amit_Upadhyay! If members can’t see your public project in the workspace, it’s probably because they are Guest Members of your Workspace If you convert them to members (Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide), they should be able to access any project public to the Workspace. Bear n mind that in a Workspace, Guest only see what you give them access to, this is why you have to manually add them to the project for them to access it.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Marie - I checked and that’s the reason.
It clears up things.

1 Like