Dashboard/Google Sheets Reporting

dashboard
googlesheets

Hello! I’m trying to optimize the Google Sheets integration for use in a weekly meeting where we report out on all projects. That being said, I had some questions about the integration that I wasn’t sure if anyone could answer!

• Can you add columns to a spreadsheet with the live source data without it affecting those live columns? For example, adding a “Notes” column.

• After pulling a column from the live source data, can you change the name of that column without affecting the live source data? For instance, I want to change “Name” to “Projects” for better visibility/clarity in reporting.

• Is there any way to manually update the sheet versus having to wait every hour?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @kbuchanio! We’ll be happy to help. I’ve reached out to my colleagues who are informed about the integration. I’ll get back to you with more information shortly!

Hi! Jerrin from Asana here.

Can you add columns to a spreadsheet with the live source data without it affecting those live columns? For example, adding a “Notes” column.

This is currently not possible - the live source data tab is really just a single cell that populates others. There is a hacky workaround where you make a new tab that utilizes Google Sheet’s IMPORTRANGE function (https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093340).

After pulling a column from the live source data, can you change the name of that column without affecting the live source data? For instance, I want to change “Name” to “Projects” for better visibility/clarity in reporting.

Because the live source data tab is normally not changeable, you’d have to make a new tab that copies data from the old tab.

Is there any way to manually update the sheet versus having to wait every hour?

Unfortunately not - the only way to really force an update is to completely delete your report and then start a new one (sorry!)

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks! Are there any plans to optimize the Google Sheets reporting in the future? We’d love to get more granular with what data is pulling. Thanks!

Glad to hear this is a useful feature for you, @kbuchanio. If you have specific suggestions for the feature, we’d love to hear them in the #productfeedback category!

Having another issue with this reporting. I’ve added an entirely new sheet where I am simply referencing the live source data. I’ve added additional columns in that sheet (ex. Priority column), which I’d like to sort the data by—but the data simply keeps rearranging and this new column isn’t matching up with it’s appropriate row. Can someone please assist?