Do you need to add a new seat for a guest in premium Asana?

We would like to invite a partner of ours as a guest onto one project. We have used up all our paid seats so far for our premium account. Do we need to add a paid seat so that our partner can access the project as a guest?

Hi @Chelsea_Flint, are you looking to invite your partner in an Organization? If so, as long as they don’t use one of the domains associated with your Organization, they’ll be considered as Guest (Asana FAQs and common questions | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide) and can be added for free, so no need to purchase a seat for them!

Hope this helps, happy Tuesday! :slight_smile:

Hi! Currently a user of the free version, where some users are designated as ‘members’ and others 'collaborators’. All users count towards the quota but I wonder whether on Asana Premium, ‘collaborators’ incur any charge?

I understand Asana Premium charges on a per user per month basis?

Thank you!

I think you only pay for members with your company domain name and for which you chose to pay for a seat. @Marie can elaborate :grimacing:

Looks like this was correct indeed: Do you need to add a new seat for a guest in premium Asana?

Hi @Lynn_Elevado and thanks for the mention @Bastien_Siebman. If these collaborators are Guest of your Organization (Asana FAQs and common questions | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide), they will not count toward your Premium plan, but if they are members of your Organization (= they share your email domain), they will count toward your premium plan!

I’ve gone ahead and merged this post with Do you need to add a new seat for a guest in premium Asana? as they arr very similar questions!