Due Time and Time Zones

We’re a company with 20+ locations that spans all time zones. We’re noticing that when we set a “due time” it is not very useful when working across the multiple time zones! For example, if we set a due time as 5:00 based on eastern time, it is 5:00 across all time zones. Definitely an issue for us!

Internationalization is just an awful complicated problem. It gives developers nightmare, trust me :scream:

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Hey @Laura_Johnson, sorry for the trouble! Due time should definitely show up in the local time, no matter where you’re located. So a task due at 5:00pm easter time should be due at 2pm Pacific Time.

That said, our system handles timezones via user’s IP address, so if you’re using a VPN for example, it might explain why you’re running into this issue!

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ll talk to our IT team!

1 Like

No worries @Laura_Johnson! Keep us posted when you have a minute! :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue, and it’s not due to VPN. I’m setting tasks from Australia to be due “today”, and my counterparts in Los Angeles are seeing the task as due “tomorrow”. It should still be showing up for them as “Today”.

9 Likes

I having the same problem.
Has anyone found a solution to this?

It causing major problems for us as well

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem-- I have team members is Australia and UK and I’m in Canada (PST)–how can I assign them tasks that follow correct deadlines?

1 Like

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @natasha.khosla!

Dealing with the same and our team usually just has a site bookmarked where we can quickly see the time in other timezones.
Now what I am thinking could be another option is maybe a custom field with options so you can see the conversion
Screenshot_4127
Now be very careful with this though because it changes when countries change between summer and winter time which is also different. In Australia for example Daylight Saving Time ends on the first Sunday in April while in the UK the clocks go forward 1 hour at 1am on the last Sunday in March.

So to be honest the best and fastest thing to do right now is just to bookmark such site or just google it “2pm UK in Melbourne” and it will show you the proper time also considering daylight saving time, etc

I have this problem when traveling to the events. Our template sets the time tasks need to be done throughout the event and when I arrive in a different time zone all the times are off. Please help with this issue.