Email reminders not working properly

I used to receive reminders from Asana for my tasks perfectly but it’s been a while that everything’s messed up; e.g. I open my email and see a mail from Asana that says I have a task due tomorrow but due task is today! Also, it’s been a while I wasn’t receiving due soon reminders but today I received. Email reminders were working perfectly but not anymore.

1 Like

Hi @Mas-E! I would recommend reaching out to our support team (Asana Support - Help Center • Asana) and give them examples of “your task is due tomorrow” reminders you received for tasks that were actually due today; just so they can look at these closer and make sure this is not related to a bug.

I would also recommend to try disabling and re-enabling email notifications (Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide); it might solve most of your issues!

2 Likes

Hi! I am having the same problem. I can’t seem to get any email reminders for tasks that I assign myself. I also have gotten assigned tasks but haven’t seen any reminder emails for those either. I have clicked on reminder emails in preferences. I have also turned it off and turned it back on… .but it still isn’t working for me.

Hi @Carolyn_Wang! In order to receive a notification, your task must meet the three following criteria:

The task is incomplete
The task is assigned to you
The task has a due date

Can you confirm it is the case?

Yes all 3 are true.

Nevermind. If finally got one this morning. Thanks for responding.

Thanks for the follow-up @Carolyn_Wang. If you haven’t yet, I’d recommend checking your spam box, just to be sure that reminders aren’t rooted there. If you can’t find them into your spam box, I’d recommend reaching out directly to our support team (Asana Support - Help Center • Asana)with screenshots of your settings and maybe an example of a task (URL) for which you should have received a reminder (task meeting all criteria) but haven’t.