Kanban layout and design

Hello every one . please check my kanban and tell me what do you think about it . below is my question :
Questions:

1. How can I set the background color for each task .like red ,blue means urgent ,delay …

2. I sort out my business for 4 work field and I want each field including backlog ,waiting ,done ,active etc… How can I do it ?

3. It seems if create subtask in kanban task it will not show in kanban screen , I have to open then find out the detail ? Do we have some solution if I hover mouse on task it will shows the detail without open the task .

if you have good idea or good kanban template please share . thanks

Hi,

1. I think you can’t, you are stuck with tags to apply colors at the top of the card…
  2. Can’t you have 4 Kanban boards?
  3. You can’t see subtasks in card, no solution yet…

Hope that helps!

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

3 Likes

many thanks ,

2 Likes

is it possible to change the Kanban board headers/titles to be by Status instead of the Section Title?

i.e in my instance i have a huge project with varyng section headers

“Planning”
“PR”
“Product Marketing”
“Demand Generation”

and i like that list view because it kind of shows teamxteam what we need to do. BUT for the Kanban board i want to track things by status

“Not started” “in-progress” “approved” etc.

is this possible?

@Rachel_Waitt you can fully customise the Kansan column names, but I am guessing you want to use a custom field dropdown as columns? This is not yet possible.

@Rachel_Waitt, Consider my post:

It may offer you a solution but opposite to what you proposed.

Multihoming would be another option.

Larry