Mark a project for completion

How do I mark a project to be complete?

1 Like

We ā€œcompleteā€ projects by archiving them. In your left-hand sidebar, you can click on the three dots next to any project in your team list and select ā€œarchive.ā€ This will hide it from your list which keeps things clean.

2 Likes

This might be how itā€™s done, but I donā€™t like it. The project is ā€œcompletedā€ there should be a check mark just like a task completion. I want that exhilaration of seeing the project completed and watching the unicorn fly across the screen! :sunglasses:

119 Likes

Projects get completed just like Tasks. My team wants to check off projects, not just archive it. We want the exhiliartion of marking a project completeā€¦keep Archive as an option, but give us the option to check it off and move on.

37 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Michael_Gonzales and thanks for your feedback! We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback; hope thatā€™s ok!

1 Like

This is a great idea! This would prevent the extra step of having to close out all leftover tasks and section headers before archiving a project, otherwise they continue to show up on your list of tasks to be completed.

9 Likes

Thanks Marie. I looked for a similar topic, but missed it. Thanks for merging the two.

1 Like

Now that Portfolios are here, it would be great to have a new Completed project status in addition to On Track, At Risk, and Behind.

We are starting to follow the How to Use Asana for Agile and Scrum article and like the idea of seeing the status of the ā€œfeaturesā€ including those that are completed.

Once a project is marked as Completed, it would also be great to have any past dates show up as black instead of red, since they arenā€™t overdue.

For now we are using a Dropdown field.

27 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback @David_Limiero; I agree that with the ne Portfolio feature, it makes a lot of sense to implement a ā€œCompletedā€ status for projects too! Letā€™s hope this is something we can implement soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

We already have a bunch of thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to gather all feedback on this topic in one main thread; hope thatā€™s ok!

14 Likes

Thanks. Where is that main thread?

1 Like

This is the main/existing thread @David_Limiero :slight_smile:

This would be helpful for us too. Archiving a project doesnā€™t always mean it is complete. It would be most helpful to have the option to auto-complete all tasks via a tick box and have that automatically change the Status to ā€˜Completeā€™ (current field options are On Track, At Risk and Off Track only).

11 Likes

Marie, I agree with the requirements [David_Limiero] mention, and I would like to know when this option (status COMPLETE) will be available. Can you tell us when this is planned to have into ASANA ?

10 Likes

It is indeed maddening to have a due date for a project and watch it go red!! There really should be a way to mark a project as complete. Archiving is really unsatisfying and doesnā€™t feel like Iā€™m marking it as DONE.

16 Likes

Yes this would be a great feature so hopefully itā€™s on the way soon.

Would also be very handy if a green icon tick was shown beside any projects that were completed so you can see very clearly at any view (Projects/Teams lists, portfolio list, reports, etc if the project is complete or not.

As section manager I donā€™t particularly like tasks or projects ā€œdisappearingā€ automatically from a list as I want to be able to review the status of all projects for a give period. So an archive all ā€œcompletedā€ projects would be an added feature that would keep lists clean once the projects have been reviewed and approved for archive.

Keep us posted! :wink:

5 Likes

Is this on the roadmap for a future release?

2 Likes

I totally agree!!! We need a way to mark the project as complete!

Completely agree with all the above - the portfolio feature is pretty redundant without the ability to complete a project - Archived projects should be for those which never were completed but may be returned to in the future. Also, how are we supposed to run reports on what is completed in the past 6 months for example without the ability to complete the project!

4 Likes

@Marie what is the status on this?? it would be great if you can mark this suggestion as completed isnt?? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Any updates on this @Marie? Seems like thereā€™s a lot of interest int the feature and it still isnā€™t live in the platform?

Agree with everyone above, itā€™s a bit of a gap and Archiving is not Completing!

2 Likes