Moving from TeamWork to Asana

I’ve been using Asana for about seven years. My new company uses TeamWork and I want to make the migration to Asana. Are there any sales tools to help my case? Comparison of features, etc?

1 Like

Hi Steven, were you able to find a solution? I also want to migrate from Teamwork to Asana, but it’s a pretty big lift if I have to do it manually…

1 Like

I’m looking at Teamwork’s export tasks to import tasks to Asana. It isn’t perfect—subtasks can’t be properly linked to main task because the column for subtasks is main task’s ID—but it can get the essentials done.

Anyone has a better solution, or could Asana please develop an integration with Teamwork so that we can move over seamless with zero data loss?

I am curious if either of you made this move, and of so what your experience has been. We have been using Teamwork for seven years To move all of this manually is extremely daunting. One thing so far during the trial that has jumped out to me is customer support. Teamwork has an Asana importer to make the transition going to TW more efficient, but I don’t see anthing like this for TW to Asana. Additionally, in trying to further research my workflow concerns its chat-only support even when it would be much more efficient to just have a direct conversation during the decision-making process. Teamwork, if I have an issue or question, I can pick up the phone and easily talk to a human. I don’t know that I’m ready to lose a level of customer support for a few cooler features, as there are several items in Asana missing vs TW that you have to use extra paid apps to get (ie time tracking is a big one for us). Anyway, just curious to get insight from other previous TW users to see if you are still glad you made the switch. Any insight would be appreciated!

1 Like