Read-only calendar sharing not working

Hi everyone,

I hope you can assist me with this issue. I’m encountering difficulties in sharing my team’s calendar with other departments. I’ve created a read-only link and tried using different browsers such as Chrome, Safari, and IE, but none of them seem to display the calendar. I’ve attempted both public read-only and read-only for company personnel, but neither option is working. The link opens fine, but it only shows a blank screen instead of the specific project plans and tasks. I even tried using incognito mode, but it still didn’t work. I’m wondering when this bug will be fixed. Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Please share any solutions you may have.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Victor_Vu,

This sounds a lot like this previously-fixed bug:

@Emily_Roman and @Shun_Sakurai, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thank you Larry, I hope this bug will get fixed soon.

1 Like

Thank you both!
I can reproduce the issue. I’m escalating it internally!

3 Likes

Hello @lpb and @Shun_Sakurai,

A quick update: When I opened the link with timeline and list view then it was viewable.
However, I want it to be opened in Calendar and it is not displaying the calendar.

2 Likes

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
My read only calendar link will not load

Steps to reproduce:
I copy the link from the share and have it set for public sharing
I copy the link into my browser and the page starts to load, you quickly see an outline of the calendar, and then the page goes blank

Browser version:
Tried in Chrome and Safari

What version of Asana are you using (Personal, Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Premium, Business or legacy Enterprise)?
Asana Business

Upload screenshots below:
No screenshot to provide as the page is just blank

Hi @Shun_Sakurai,

Can you let me know how long will it take for the internal team to solve this problem? This function is extremely important to my team at the moment.

Regards,
Victor

Welcome, @Freddie_Bologno1,

Sorry about this. I believe this is a duplicate of a known bug for which a fix is in progress:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

I am also having this issue - the list view works but not calendar view for my read-only public shared link

1 Like

Hi @Victor_Vu, it seems the developers found the cause.
We’ll let you know as soon as this is fixed!

2 Likes

Hi @Victor_Vu, @Freddie_Bologno1, @MelanieC, thank you for your patience.
The issue was fixed :white_check_mark:
Please try reloading the Asana app. Let us know if it’s still not working.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.