Status Updates: Need options for "remind me every ___"

The project status feedback feature in asana is great. The option to remind project owners about these options is also great. Only, at this point, you don’t have the option to choose different intervals and the default is “weekly on Friday”. Fact is that some projects are just to small to do weekly updates. That’s why having the option to set bi-weekly, monthly updates should be great.

2 Likes

Hi @Thomas_D, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

I’ve also found this a massive hole in the reporting feature, and really limits what we can do with it. We have things that only need updates once a quarter, and others weekly or monthly. I’m really surprised it doesn’t have this feature already to be honest, it would be great to know whether it’s being worked on or not.

Hi there, I never use the feature ‘Remind me to update progress every Friday’ since Friday is not relevant to me. Like everyone else here, it would be great to be able to change the day we would like the reminder to be triggered on. As a workaround I create a recurring task, but it would be nice to not have My Tasks be cluttered w/ recurring reminders that I don’t need to look at until the day of. It would also be nice to use the built-in feature.

Would love to have it!

We have mid-week calls on tasks updates, so we would need to make project updates based on custom day selection

1 Like

sure thing! we have different days for various projects team calls and updates.
for instance, if we have a call on mid-week, its useless to wait until Friday and make a report on a project when the results are not up to date

It’d be amazing if the remind feature could have additional features than that mentioned previously.

Our large-scale program would be looking to report/update weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly on some Projects. Also having the flexibility to select the day and time would be valuable as a few others have mentioned in this thread.

We’ve thought about setting up tasks as a workaround, however given we will have hundreds of projects in the long run this creates a higher workload and increased chance for error for something that can be set as one is completing the status update so they do not forget to set up the task for themselves.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I just logged in here (for the first time) and see it’s something that lots of other people have requested, going back some way. Just adding that this is one of my top wants from asana - it seems weird that there is so much flexibility to other functionality, but this is so rigid. I personally don’t mind updating my projects on a Friday, but I know that my team would like to receive them at the beginning of the week, not the end! PLEASE fix this for us asana team :smiley:

2 Likes

It is possible to setup reminders, for non-Friday days, :smiley: but only if DON’T have a role in the project.

In the project overview:

OR through Portfolio, status column:
, or through portfolio

Select “Request Status update” and then at the bottom of the window click on “Friday” to edit the repeatable time period to whatever you like! Different days of the week, monthly, every 6 weeks!

Note this only works when you’re requesting someone else to provide a status update. A repeatable task will then be created in their MyTasks, but it won’t be added to the project (this would be a great help if it auto-added the task to the project, so it didn’t have to be done manually.)

Enjoy this pretty good workaround!

I would also dearly love to have the ability to space out status updates to different days of the week, or every two weeks.

3 Likes