Bulk adding subtasks to another project

Does anyone know how I can bulk edit a number of subtasks and add them all to a new project (as well as residing in the original parent task) rather than clicking into each one and having to individually add to a new project.

16 Likes

@Alexis how can I mark this post as a question?

2 Likes

Hi @paulminors

While we do have a ā€œsolutionā€ option for each post, we donā€™t have a ā€œquestionā€ option.

Regarding your subtask question, unfortunately we arenā€™t able to bulk add at this time. Iā€™m with you on how helpful this would be, though!

2 Likes

Carlo waves his hand thinking that @paulminors has a really good point here :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Carlo you mean bulk editing subtask? Or the question thing? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@paulminors bulk editing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ditto for bulk editing subtasks. When I want to assign the same due date and team member to five tasks, it takes half a dozen mouse clicks per task. Actually, I think I can assign multiple subtasks to one team member by selecting the relevant subtasks, but so far I havenā€™t been able to assign the same due date all at once. Part of the needed functionality is there! The rest if just out of reach.

3 Likes

@Andy one workaround you could consider is to start by creating tasks. You could bulk assign and bulk edit as necessary in the task format. Then, when thatā€™s all finished you could convert each task into a subtask. Hope this helps!

Another way to quickly take bulk action on subtasks is to run an Advanced Search view focused on those subtasks you want to edit (use ā€˜+ Add Filterā€™ > Subtask).

You can then visualize subtasks in a search view where they register like tasks for editing. :rofl:

9 Likes

@Shannon_McNeil thatā€™s a great idea!

1 Like

@Alexis: that would work once but not repeated times because we save parent tasks and subtasks as templates for irregularly recurring items. If I copy a template, the substasks are already subtasks. But this is good to know for anything brand new.

@Shannon_McNeil: that workaround will come in handy, thanks.

@Andy @Shannon_McNeil If you happen to recently create those subtasks than the Tasks Iā€™ve Created view provides convenient way to list and mass-edit them.

1 Like

Genius! Thanks @Myroslav_Opyr.

1 Like

You can also use advanced search with the filter In Projects = No Project. Then select the (sub)tasks and bulk assign. Not sure why, but I had to do the search several times to make sure I got all of them.

2 Likes

I would also like this functionality.

Hereā€™s another workaround: create a user account, and assign the subtasks you want to batch edit to it (you can batch assign subtasks). Then look at the userā€™s My Tasks and make the edits.

I came here to ask if we could bulk add the same subtask to multiple tasks. It seems that we cannot, but maybe I can think of some workaround where I make a task, duplicate it a bunch, and drag each one manually into each original task.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feature request: show subtasks in lists