Project Timeline is here & it is rocking my presentations!

So I started using timeline in our presentations :tada: and I tell you, the first impression is WOW! I shared it with my project managers who produce timelines, gantt charts in excel files and I got a sigh of relief.
The feature is very helpful to identify quick errors in the due dates that you are assigned to tasks depending on each other.
This is now requires a true mind change for teams who are simply used on assigning tasks due dates. Timelines are useless if you do not have a start date and an end date. Some improvement will no doubt make it even more effective, but to start with, anyone using timelines? and tips and tricks?

17 Likes

Sounds like you are on the beta program for that functionality. Would be very interested in seeing some screenshots if you are able to attach…

5 Likes

Here is a quick example! I will find another complex example and share later!
Notice the dependancies and the red errors! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And all of this is within Asana? Can’t wait to see it rolled out across Asana…

4 Likes

and here are couple of screen shots from the set up of the task and its dependencies !

1 Like

What what what, where is it? How can i get it? @Alexis

6 Likes

Oh god, I need this so much.

Today I was literally one click away from starting my Wrike annual paid subscription (they have the timelines built-in, and I already decided to switch), but due to some communication problems on their side I delayed my payment — just to stumble upon this.

How can I opt in ASAP?

3 Likes

I got an email on Tuesday i think, of this week, saying that start times were now part of Asana. I would think it would just be across the board. It wasn’t a beta testing email or anything. Here’s the article that the email linked to.

1 Like

I should point out, that it is a Premium feature. Not freemium.

@Alexis can I sign up for the beta on Project Timeline??? It’s looks one step closer to the epicness we’ve all been asking for!

1 Like

+1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my god! I want it too @Alexis

1 Like

So cool ! Is it a view parameter for calendar or a brand new tab ?

1 Like

An entire new tab of its own!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On a project view? Did you get anything to have an access to it?

2 Likes

I used the power of my smile :yum:
Yes, on a project view

What’s the name of that tab? I don’t see one. :frowning_face:

1 Like

There is also instagantt.com which integrates directly with Asana and generates Gantt charts / timelines automatically. It ties to the Asana due date/end date, but you can also enter Start Date in instangantt. It is free too.

2 Likes

We’re already syncing with the Asana Start dates too! :slight_smile: (Instagantt founder here)

6 Likes

Hi folks! We love your enthusiasm :slight_smile: We’re not able to add individual users to slow rollouts (due to testing and reporting reasons) but we’re glad you’re excited for this. I think we’ll have some great discussion in the Community about this feature moving forward!

13 Likes