Siri integration

Sooooo frustrating. This doesn’t work for my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2. Works like once and then never again. No mention of reminders. Spelled correct. Super Buggy asana.

I can’t get it to work again, dunno why

We’ll let our mobile team know! Sorry for the inconvenience, all.

Hey @Bastien_Siebman are you having the same issue again? Is Siri creating reminders instead of tasks in Asana?

Well looks like you need to say “Assana” and not “Azana”. Seems to work.

1 Like

We have updates! One of our engineers sent me this helpful advice!

For Spanish:

What works:
En Asana recuerdame xxxxx
Usar Asana recuerdame xxxxx

What does NOT work:
Recuerdame XXX usar Asana
Recuerdame XXX en Asana
Crear una tarea usar Asana
Crear una tarea en Asana

It seems that they need to add “using Asana or In Asana” before the sentence. That’s the trick!

For French:

What works:
Instead of saying the full sentence (create a task XX using Asana), use the 2-step:

Créer une tâche sur Asana

When Siri ask “how do you want to call this?”

Say the task name and it will be created.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Every time I asked Siri to create a task ‘in’ or ‘using’ Asana it creates an iOS reminder.
Even when I ask Siri to ‘create a task in Asana’ and wait to say the topic, it creates a reminder called ‘Asana’. I had a IFTTT applet to send reminders to asana but I’ve turned this off and it still doesn’t make any difference. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi @Tony_Good! Have you tried @Bastien_Siebman’s solution?:

1 Like

Hi Marie, yes I’ve checked that and all is set correctly. Up to date with iOS and asana app so very frustrating in that Siri creates a reminder every time.

Are you an English speaker? I found out the pronunciation of “asana” is very important :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Siri: assign tasks to multiple teammates + Ability to create tasks in multliple spaces

It doesn’t work and has never worked for me and many others. This functionality is completely buggy. Even my brand new iphone xs still can only create tasks in reminders…no asana.

Hi @Ryan_Kee and sorry to hear you’re running into trouble here. I’ve gone ahead and moved your comment to this thread; the tips above should help you resolve this issue!

Hi and thanks for your support. I’m having trouble getting Siri integration to work in order to create a task. I’ve read about a multitude of links from a google search and I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, and verified that asana is enabled for Siri in settings.

Unfortunately, whenever I try

• “create a task in asana”
  • “create a task in asana, pay the bills”
  • “in asana, tell me to put the kids to bed”
  • “add an item in asana, pay the bills”

All that happens is that iOS creates a task in reminders or asks me what I’d like to be reminded about and then creates it in reminders. How do I get Siri to assign tasks to asana? Is there a particular catch phrase I’m missing? Any help someone can provide would be appreciated. I’d love to be able to generate content on the fly.

Hi @Bryan_Severson and welcome to the forum!

That’s odd - I just tested on my iPhone and it worked fine, just as it always has, using “Hey Siri, create a task in Asana”.

One thing it does now that it didn’t used to do (I think this started when I installed iOS 13) is it does say “What do you want to be reminded of?” as if it was going to create a reminder, but then when I speak my task, it creates it in Asana.

I made sure my settings were set the same as you illustrated.

@Marie, I do see a few others were having similar issues with Siri; perhaps you want to merge this thread with this other one?

1 Like

Thanks @Phil_Seeman! I appreciate you reaching back. The verbiage you mentioned sounded familiar, so I gave it a run. I do get the same feedback as you, but the task ultimately lands in Reminders. See screens.

Sorry, I can only insert 1 image per post.

My trouble back then was about prononciation. Are you sure you pronounce “asana” right? I think I still don’t ^^
Look at Unveiling the Future of Asana • Asana for examples from the big boss :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it might be the pronunciation so I purposely mispronounced it - instead of saying “ah-sahn-ah” I said “ah-zain-ah” - and Siri still worked properly and created an Asana task! I was actually shocked that it worked. That said, I suppose there could be other mispronunciations that might throw it off.

1 Like